GFX members undertake many tasks within OH! Press pertaining to the creation of graphic content for the blog and beyond. As with other positions on OH! Press, this is purely voluntary. Their primary roles include:
– Creation of graphic content for the blog and related forum posts such as banners, headers and article specific items (e.g. picture collages).
– Cleaning, typesetting and publishing of ongoing manga series.
– Creation of OH! Chart graphics required on a monthly rotational basis.
– Demonstrate good understanding of Photoshop (or other similar software with evidence).
– Other software skills such as video editing would be desirable but not necessary.
– Good communication skills, able to collaborate and work with others.
– Good understanding of graphic design principles and techniques.
– Must be able to meet deadlines.
– Flair for creativity and design.
– Abide by OneHallyu rules when engaging with others on both the blog and forum.
– All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated!
Disclaimer: Please do not submit a personal CV. Fill in the form below and attach it to your application as a document (preferably .pdf or .doc). For phone, please input 000. For “Full Name”, you may use a Pseudonym.
OneHallyu Username (If applicable):
How many hours a day/week are you active on OneHallyu?:
Do you have knowledge of Photoshop? If so, which level/how confident are you using it?:
Any other software experience which would be beneficial? If so, please state what and at which level?:
Any other relevant experience which may help with this role?:
What kind of designs would you love to create for us?:
Why do you want to become a part of the press team?:
Have you ever cleaned/typeset manga or other publications before?:
Please provide either a link to a portfolio, examples of work (can be on imgur, instagram, tumblr etc) AND/OR examples elsewhere. It would be beneficial for the examples to be well organized and not simply pasted into the PM (unless you can provide reasoning).
Our recruitment process will be in stages. Applicants will be processed on a first come first served basis, you may be contacted with tasks to complete to aid in our final decision making. This is to allow us to determine what experience applicants have and how much guidance is needed. Do not let this deter you from applying.