Gaon’s Quarter 1 report came out not too long ago. The results show that TWICE and Red Velvet are leading the pack for girl groups, appearing in the top ten for both digitals and physicals. Hot trend BTS also showed great improvement in the digital department, while topping the physical chart.
Among the top 400, there was a decrease of about 24% compared the first quarter of 2016. CJ E&M was the top distributor among the top 100.
CJ E&M distributed for Goblin soundtracks, Mamamoo and Block B mainly. BTS, Mad Clown, Infinity Challenge and others used LOEN while Akdong Musician, TWICE and Red Velvet used KT Music.
In terms of digital sales Ailee’s OST “I Will Go To You Like The First Snow” got the top spot. Overall, 14% of the top 100 Gaon sales were from Goblin soundtracks.
TWICE and Red Velvet were the only two girl groups to appear in the top 10, placing 7th and 9th respectively.
1. Ailee – I Will Go To You Like The First Snow
2. Crush – Beautiful
3. Akdong Musician – Last Goodbye
4. Bolbbalgan4 – Tell Me You Love Me
5. Chanyeol (EXO), Punch – Stay With Me
6. Soyou (Sistar) – I Miss You
7. Twice – Knock Knock
8. Chen (EXO), Gaeko (Dynamic Duo) – Nose Dive
9. Red Velvet – Rookie
10. Big Bang – Fxxk It
12. Zion. T – The Song
13. Block B – Yesterday
17. BTS – Spring Day
23. Suzy – Pretend
26. Soyou (Sistar), Baekhyun (EXO) – Rain
32. AOA – Excuse Me
41. I.O.I – Downpour
47.BeWhy, Yang Se Hyung – Hooray
Compared to the first quarter of 2016 physical sales increased by 110%. LOEN was the top distributor, representing BTS, Highlight, Monsta X and others. KT Music had TWICE, GOT7, and Big Bang while CJ E&M distributed for Shinhwa, Lovelyz, Goblin OSTs, and others.
BTS and GOT7 topped the Gaon physical chart while TWICE and Red Velvet were the only girl groups to appear in the top 10. Taeyeon’s My Voice was the only solo album to appear in the top 10.
1. BTS – You Never Walk Alone
2. GOT7 – Flight Log: Arrival
3. TWICE – Twicecoaster: Lane 2
4. Big Bang – MADE (Full)
5. Taeyeon – My Voice
6. NCT127 – NCT #127 Limitless
7. Highlight – Can You Feel It?
8. NCT Dream – The First
9. Monsta X – The Clan Pt. 2.5 (Beautiful)
10. Red Velvet – Rookie
Compared to 2015, 2017’s Q1 sales improved greatly, largely due to BTS, TWICE and GOT7.